Rembrandt Grant Application
In 2017 the Rembrandt Institute for Cardiovascular Science (RICS) will make one grant covering 2 PhD positions available in order to stimulate collaboration between cardiovascular researchers from the LUMC and AMC.
1. Who can apply? – In this 2017 round, investigators early in their career (‘VIDI’ level) are specifically encouraged to apply.
2. What should be the scientific focus of the applications? – This round is open to fundamental and translational cardiovascular research proposals in all fields. Please note that the application should clearly show that the proposed research represents a completely new line of collaborative investigation that can only be realized by working together within RICS.
3. What is the format of the application? – An application form is attached to this message and an electronic version of this form is also available upon request by sending a message to RICS@lumc.nl or RICS@amc.nl. Each grant proposal should consist of at least two interconnected PhD programs that are jointly supervised by at least two PIs.
4. What does the grant cover? – The grant covers the salary of the two requested PhD students over a period of 4 years and a yearly bench fee of € 5,000 per PhD student. Additional costs of each project will need to be covered by the hosting departments.
6. How will the proposal be reviewed? – The scientific advisory board of RICS will review each proposal. Based on their recommendations the directors of RICS will make a priority listing of the projects, which will be submitted to the board of RICS. The board will decide to whom to award the grant.
7. When will the grants be awarded? – The final decision will be made in November 2017, and the recipients will be announced at the Rembrandt symposium which will be held on November 17th 2017 in Noordwijkerhout.