Rembrandt Grant Application
Dear Members of the Rembrandt Institute of Cardiovascular Science,
Also this year you can apply for a joint Rembrandt Grant for two PhD students. The call is open and the deadline for submission is Monday, October 12th 2020 at 23.00 hours. For more information, see below and in the attachments.
Rembrandt Research Grants 2020
In 2020 the Rembrandt Institute for Cardiovascular Science (RICS) will make one grant covering 2 PhD positions available in order to stimulate collaboration between cardiovascular researchers from the LUMC and AMC.
- Who can apply? – In this 2020 round, investigators early in their career (‘VIDI’ level) are specifically encouraged to apply.
- What should be the scientific focus of the applications? – This round is open to fundamental and translational cardiovascular research proposals in all fields. Please note that the application should clearly show that the proposed research represents a completely new line of collaborative investigation that can only be realized by working together within RICS.
- What is the format of the application? – An application form is attached to this message and an electronic version of this form is also available upon request by sending a message to RICS@lumc.nl or RICS@amc.nl. Each grant proposal should consist of at least two interconnected PhD programs that are jointly supervised by at least two PIs.
- What does the grant cover? – The grant covers the salary of the two requested PhD students over a period of 4 years and a yearly bench fee of € 7,500 per PhD student. Additional costs of each Project will need to be covered by the hosting departments.
- What is the deadline for submission? – Project proposals can be submitted by email to RICS@lumc.nl or RICS@amc.nl. The deadline of submission is Monday, October 12th 2020 at 23.00 hours.
- How will the proposal be reviewed? – The scientific advisory board of RICS will review each proposal. Based on their recommendations the directors of RICS will make a priority listing of the projects, which will be submitted to the board of RICS. The board will decide to whom to award the grant.
- When will the grants be awarded? – The final decision will be made in November 2020, and the recipients will be announced at the Rembrandt symposium which will be held on November 20th 2020.
Due to the COVID restrictions it will be a digital meeting with oral- and poster presentations
Prof. Dr. PHA Quax
Einthoven Laboratory for Experimental Vascular Medicine
Department of Surgery
PO Box 9600
2300 RC Leiden, the Netherlands
tel: +31 71 526 1584 (direct)/4005(secr)